Thursday 23 January 2014

Day 8 of Daniels diet

Good morning,

Pat yourself on the back, its day eight already. Remember the benefits; it’s worth it.
Being in good health all the time is possible, if you learn to change and follow a healthy lifestyle. This diet gives you the key to detoxification and launching into a healthy future. I too pray that you prosper in all things - body, soul and spirit because without health in each of these three areas you cannot enjoy life to its fullest.

“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.”   (3 John 1:2)

Satisfy thirst - the natural way?

If You are getting thirsty in the heat - i use coconut water with ice. This is great for re-hydration and contains electrolytes - so a very good drink

Testimony from the previous group Daniels Diet ( expecting similar from this one) ; a 57 year old patient who has just completed the Daniels diet for the first time. She is a stroke victim and i add that to emphasis that any one can do this diet, its never too late or you are never too young or old.

"Lost.....3 k's and 7 cm off my waist!  IT WAS WORTH IT, though I know I'll never be a Vegetarian, Daniel's diet will always be a major part of my life from now on."
 'Oh best of all.' 
'I managed to start walking again and where I used to stop for a ten minute sit while I let the dog have a snif/run around then head home....I walked right past the spot by the second day (a minute sit on the first day's walk)  the next day I made it thirty meters past it, then a little bit further....the next I did gardening, and the pain i suffer daily is now less.' Wow i am impressed, all this in just 10 days"

I am astounded but never surprised of the amount of testimonies coming to me of people losing weight. But also of healing testimonies which range from what i would expect as a practitioner to the unexpected and powerful healing and life changing experience that people have. 

My day 8;
One major thing i often notice when doing the Daniels Diet is - i notice that i am not hungry or craving anything. my Tummy does not need so much food to fill it up. I feel contented after a veggie juice and some fruit. And i actually have better concentration and work stamina when eating less. The old routine or habits are the challenges as you are then drawn to automatically have your snack of whatever when watching TV or danger times. I just replace that time with some 'allowed' food so i am not wanting to give in to the habit or desire. I find this works well and i enjoy my fruit or nuts much more.
Morning walk as i start work early and have less time. 
Millet porridge and green tea - morning tea=  a veggie juice. If i get hungry i have a dip with carrot and celery sticks - allrecipes found in my new recipe book (hint)
Mixed salad for lunch. 
Watermelon for afternoon tea - watermelon is one of the best fruit to eat nutritionally wise and is a great diuretic for anyone with fluid retention.
Dinner - simple steamed veggies and brown rice - with one of my dressings from my book to add flavour.

Fruit Breakfast

This group of fruit mix well. Avocado is a neutral food so can mix with sweet or savoury dishes and is optional.

Dish one – a small bowl full of;

Watermelon,  honeydew,   cantaloupe,
1 part papaw (papaya),   ½ avocado

Or…

Dish two- a small bowl full of;

apple, banana, pear,
pineapple,  any berries grapes – with seeds

Try spooning fresh passion fruit juice on top of the fruit. With fruit salad you can choose any 3-4 different fruits. 

I encourage you to be inventive and add prunes, flaked almonds, pine nuts, coconut pieces, cinnamon, and various sprouts or seeds. 
However there is a limit to nuts consumed during the day so if you add them to fruit salad do not eat as many later.  
If it’s more convenient to you because of your busy lifestyle, you can stagger your fruit intake throughout the morning.


Next Blog - i will be asking those who wish to continue on for 14 days or 20 days??Are you ready?

Be blessed


No comments:

Post a Comment